|*|| HYDROS Sense Port accessory for your HYDROS Control aquarium controller platform |
|*|| Quality electronic temperature probe measures and monitors aquarium water temperature |
|*|| Connect to your HYDROS Control aquarium controller and download the HYDROS app for wireless control |
Essential CoralVue HYDROS Sense Port accessory for measuring and controlling aquarium water temperature. The HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor is a reliable and easy-to use compact electronic temperature probe that connects to any Sense Port on your HYDROS Control aquarium controller. Once connected, the IP68-rated waterproof HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor is powered, monitored, and controlled by your HYDROS Control aquarium controller. By downloading the FREE HYDROS app, you can control any HYDROS-connected device with your Internet-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet!
The HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor measures only 1.6" long and 0.32" wide boasting durable, quality construction to deliver years of reliable service. 79" cord with GX12 aviation-style connector ensures a secure connection and protection against dust and water spray from any angle. The HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor contains no moving parts and requires no calibration or maintenance, except perhaps for an occasional cleaning.
HYDROS Control aquarium controllers and other HYDROS accessories sold separately.
Please Note: The HYDROS app is required to use your Internet-connected smart mobile device as a controller. The HYDROS app is downloadable via the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor Features
- Dimensions: 1.6" long x 0.32" diameter with 79" long cord
- No moving parts
- Protects your aquarium from unsafe water temperatures
- You can use it to shut off a heater, chiller, or fan when aquarium water temperature gets too warm or cold
- Set up to receive a mobile alert when aquarium water temperature drifts outside the safe zone
- For freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Employ multiple temperature sensors for added safety (redundancy)
- GX12 aviation-style connector provides IP65-rating protection against dust and water spray from any angle
- No additional power cord is required (powered, monitored, and controlled by connecting to a Sense Port on any HYDROS Control aquarium controller
- Official CoralVue HYDROS accessory
HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor Application Examples
The HYDROS Slim Temperature Sensor is an easy and affordable way to prevent your aquarium water from becoming too cold or too hot. It monitors the water temperature in your aquarium so you can keep it within the safe zone for fish, coral, and invertebrates.
- Example 1: You can configure your HYDROS app to set an alert when aquarium water temperatures deviate from your set "safe zone" temperature. For example, receive a mobile alert if the water temperature is higher than 82°F or lower than 78°F. You can also set HYDROS WiFi controllable outlets (i.e., HYDROS 4 Outlet WiFi AC Power Strip or HYDROS WiFi Smart Plug) with a heater, chiller, or fan plugged into them turn on or off when the temperature is outside the safe zone.
- Example 2: You can use multiple temperature sensors on your system for added safety and redundancy. For example, you can place one temperature sensor in your display aquarium and another in your sump. This is especially beneficial if your sump is in your basement while your display tank is on another floor of the house. The Slim Temperature Sensor is completely submersible so you can easily place it somewhere discreet, like in the back of an all-in-one aquarium, in the overflow, or tucked away in one of the chambers of your sump.
Hydros aquarium controllers are the next generation of automated aquarium devices. Rather than relying on each individual device’s brain and programming capacity, the Hydros Control units have their own CPU and control capabilities. Hydros Control devices remove the problem of incompatible ports and need to continually add modules to expand your aquarium’s automation system. This new technology is called the Hydros Sense Port. The Sense Port is an entirely new concept in aquarium monitoring technology. A Sense Port is a generic input port that can accept data from numerous different types of sensors. Drive Ports provide 12-volt power for controlling ATO pumps, cooling fans, and other devices. Hydros is the future of automation!