Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
· We cannot ship this product to Alaska.
Reef Crystals Reef Salt
|*||Enriched synthetic sea salt designed for use in reef aquariums|
|*||Extra calcium, trace elements and vitamins to maintain a thriving reef system|
|*||Eliminates the need for supplements & is compatible with all reef and fish-only aquariums|
Enriched Reef Crystals Reef Salt is formulated especially for reef aquariums. Contains extra calcium, select trace elements, and vitamins above natural seawater concentrations. These extra measures reduce the need for constant supplements and additives to replenish essential substances quickly depleted in thriving reef aquariums. Reef Crystals also contains special additives to help detoxify excess heavy metals, such as copper, and is fully compatible with all marine aquariums.
Reef Crystals Reef Salt
Manufacturer's Mixing Instructions:
- Mix Reef Crystals salt with ordinary dechlorinated water. Because water conditions at different locations vary tremendously, a commercial dechlorinator is recommended to completely neutralize any concentrations of chlorine and/or chloramines.
- Stir vigorously to mix salt and water. Although the solution of Reef Crystals premium sea salt can be used immediately, it is suggested that you aerate the water until it reaches oxygen/carbon dioxide equilibrium before use.
- Use an accurate hydrometer, such as the SeaTest® Hydrometer full range specific gravity meter, to adjust salinity. Recommended specific gravity range: 1.020 to 1.023 at 75°F. If specific gravity is too low, add more Reef Crystals salt. If too high, add more dechlorinated water.
- Tightly reseal bag to keep out moisture. Store remaining Reef Crystals salt in a cool, dry place.
NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing animals. In new aquariums, transfer animals to the aquarium after salt is completely mixed and aerated and specific gravity is adjusted correctly.
A 25% change of aquarium water, done on a monthly basis, is recommended to maintain water quality. To prepare small quanities of Reef Crystals salt, use 1/2 cup of Reef Crystals salt for each U.S. gallon of water. Mix as directed above.
|Specific Gravity||1.023 - 1.025||1.020 - 1.025||1.025|
|Temperature||72 - 78°F||72 - 78°F||82°F|
|pH||8.1 - 8.4||8.1 - 8.4||8.0 - 8.5|
|Alkalinity||8 - 12 dKH||8 - 12 dKH||6 - 8 dKH|
|Ammonia (NH3)||Undetectable||Undetectable||Near Zero|
|Nitrite (NO2)||Undetectable||Undetectable||Near Zero|
|Nitrate - Nitrogen (NO3)||< 1.0 ppm||< 30 ppm||0.25 ppm|
|Phosphate (PO4)||< 0.2 ppm||< 1.0 ppm||0.13 ppm|
|Calcium||350 - 450 ppm||350 - 450 ppm||380 - 420 ppm|
|Magnesium||1250 - 1350 ppm||1150 - 1350 ppm||1300 ppm|
|Iodine||0.06 - 0.10 ppm||0.04 - 0.10 ppm||0.06 ppm|
|Strontium||8 - 14 ppm||4 - 10 ppm||8 - 10 ppm|