||Quality salt mix for mature reef aquariums & low-nutrient systems
||Produces exact tropical reef water parameters for aquarium use
||Slightly elevated levels of Ca, Mg, & carbonates sustain coral growth
Recreate exact tropical reef water parameters with ease. Red Sea Red Sea Salt helps simplify marine aquarium care by allowing saltwater aquarium hobbyists to produce saltwater ideal for marine fish and invertebrate aquariums or for low-nutrient systems where the hobbyist supplements all of the individual elements on a regular basis.
Red Sea Red Sea Salt, designed to provide the exact parameters of tropical reef water, contains slightly elevated levels of the foundation elements (Calcium, Magnesium, Carbonates) to sustain coral growth.
- All-natural Eco-friendly harvesting from the waters of the exotic Red Sea
- Biologically balanced levels of foundation elements
- Full complement of trace elements
- Guaranteed parameters for 10 liter / 2.5 gal mix
- No nitrates or phosphates (algae nutrients)
- No toxic levels of Heavy Metals
- No chemical binders
- Low moisture content
For accelerated coral growth, use Red Sea Coral Pro Salt with biologically balanced, elevated levels of the foundation elements (Calcium, Magnesium, & Carbonates).
Never mix salt in an aquarium containing animals. Always use clean, nontoxic utensils.
- Use reverse osmosis (RO) water.
- Add the correct dosage of Salt to the water for the desired salinity according to the chart
- Mix vigorously until all of the salt is dissolved and pH has stabilized to 8.2-8.4.
- To achieve desired salinity, measure the S.G. with an accurate hydrometer and add salt or water, to increase or decrease the S.G. respectively. (Due to variation of S.G. with temperature, make sure water is at 25°C/77°F before measuring).
|Recommended Salinities for Different Aquarium Types
||S.G. at 25°C/77°F
||1.4 lbs./5 US Gal
||1.5 lbs./5 US Gal
||1.6 lbs./5 US Gal
|Element Levels at Different Salinities
*All parameters are based on mixing at least 3.334g/12 oz of Red Sea Salt with RO water.