Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
|*||Modular aquarium wavemaker for Neptune Systems Apex controllers|
|*||Custom create an advanced aquarium water movement system|
|*||4,000+ gph flow rate, quiet operation + advanced control & monitoring|
Modular component for creating a custom, Apex-controlled water movement system. Neptune Systems WAV Wavemaker combines with the Neptune Systems 1LINK Module and your existing Neptune Systems AquaController Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr. The result is powerful, highly customizable flow rates with intelligent cloud-based monitoring and control via any internet-enabled computer or mobile device in the world.
Neptune Systems WAV Wavemaker boasts incredibly quiet operation while generating a powerful 4,000+ gph flow rate. Adjustable magnetic mount allows a 40-degree range of tilt and 360 degrees of rotation for enhanced directional flow. Multiple operational modes deliver extreme flow to your aquarium.
WAV Types/Modes of Operation
- Constant - A simple mode, which gives an unchanging intensity.
- Mavericks - A high-energy flow mode with random small and large changes in intensity such as is typical of a reef.
- Malibu - A lower-energy, gentler mode than Mavericks, Malibu simulates typical flow in a lagoon or sheltered coastal area.
- Pulse - A simple yet flexible mode, which creates pulses at a configurable period, Pulse, may be used to create a standing wave. Pulse duration in seconds may be configured; this duration describes the time that the pump will be on, as well as the time that the pump will be off between cycles.
- Pipeline - A more powerful version of Pulse, Pipeline may be used to create a large standing wave, potentially at the cost of more pump noise. Pulse duration in seconds may be configured; this duration describes the time that the pump will be on, as well as the time that the pump will be off between cycles.
- Rincon - A complex mode consisting of a long slow rise and fall in intensity, followed by another at roughly half the intensity of the first - the cycle then repeats. Each cycle lasts approximately 87 minutes.
- Trestles - A complex mode consisting of a long slow rise and fall in intensity, followed by a period of rapid pulses; the cycle then repeats. Each cycle lasts approximately 87 minutes. Duration of the rapid pulses may be configured.
When more than one WAV is present, an additional 3 modes are available; each requires a Reference pump to be specified.
- Mirror - This mode causes the pump to be synchronized with and operate in the same mode as another WAV pump. If you use 100% for the intensity, the WAV will do exactly the same pattern as the Reference pump. However, you may choose an intensity value less than 100%, which will cause the WAV to operate the same, as the Reference pump, but the operation of the WAV will be proportionally scaled at a reduced intensity.
- Inverse - Inverse is similar to Mirror, except that the WAV will do the opposite pattern of the Reference Pump.
- Back - A special mode intended for WAV mounted on the rear wall of a tank. The Back flow pattern is simply a slowly varying sine wave pattern. The available options are a Maximum Intensity (%) setting and Reference Pump setting. A WAV in Back mode will operate in sync with the selected Reference pump.
- Neptune Systems 1LINK Module
- Neptune Systems AquaController Apex, Apex Lite, or Apex Jr.
WAV - Extreme flow for your aquarium
The WAV moves water. Plain and simple. More than 4,000 gallons per hour of it! Better yet, for the same amount of flow, the WAV is smaller, uses less power, and is quieter than the most popular powerhead pumps on the market.
A Powerhead that Answers All Your Needs:
- Extreme flow (~4,000+ gph)
- Compact size (less total mass compared to nearly all similar flow pumps)
- Directional flow (pivots with 40-degree range of motion and can be rotated - great for rear wall use)
- Safe, 24V DC operation
- Low power consumption - <35W at the wall
- Multiple operational modes (random flow modes, mirror, inverse, etc.)
- Easy to clean (pump automatically shuts off when removed from water)
- Incredibly quiet (possibly the quietest driver on the market)
- Magnetic mount works on up to 1" glass (in a class by itself)
- Easy installation with just a single skinny wire for all power and control (1LINK interface makes it a snap!)
Directional Flow Allows Stealth Mounting Options
Unfortunately, some of the leading water moving pumps on the market only send flow in a direction perpendicular to the glass. This really limits an aquarist's options and, in some cases, obstructs the view. Having a powerhead that can be pointed in all directions is nothing new, but the hardware to make that happen usually takes up too much space and is unsightly. The WAV answers both of these problems with a new take on an articulating mount.
Through research, Neptune Systems found that most customers usually never need to point their pump at extreme angles - usually 20 degrees one direction or another is enough. This is the approach Neptune Systems took with the WAV. With its innovative, low-profile magnetic mount, you get up to 40-degree range of motion on the pivot and then the entire pump rotates 360 degrees. This provides so many more options than flow that comes straight out from the side or back of the aquarium. Imagine mounting the WAV on the back, side glass or even the back wall, set an angle, and kicking the flow off the side or front glass. You get the flow where you need it and you stop blocking the beautiful side views of your aquarium!
Size Matters When it Comes to the Pump Wire
When it comes to any powerhead pump, the smaller the wire, the better - the easier it is to hide. This is true both inside as well as outside the aquarium. Some pumps put the wire and motor on the outside of the aquarium and claim that this has a better aesthetic look - but there still is a wire. Many other manufacturers' cables have a much larger diameter, some nearly 3x the mass.
Some of today's most popular water moving pumps are anything but quiet. In fact, the ramping and pulsing sounds can even resonate into solid floors and be heard in other rooms. Neptune Systems tested many pumps in their lab and the WAV has one of the quietest driver systems on the market today.